On days it is difficult to remember, I want to try regardless. Happiness is as simple as
- a restocked pantry with a container full of milo powder
- a text message from a person you love
- hugging your stuffed animals
- having good nasi kukus ayam berempah
- sipping bubble tea at the side of the road
- eating a home-cooked meal with family
- bubblegum sunset skies
- a cat that rubs itself against your calf
- remembering to breathe
Look. You were happy once, and you’ll be happy again. Some adjust quicker than others, but some cry many nights before finding home. A colleague at work told me that he still doesn’t feel at home here – it’s been more than a year, and that’s okay.
When I left London, I feared I won’t ever be as happy as I was back then. To some extent, I still feel the same. But I’m trying not to. I’m trying to be okay. And that may take time. But I’ll find it soon enough.